Saturday, October 15, 2011

Done....

Well...I did it. I walked out of the doors of city hall no longer an employee. Had a bit of a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. I sat in my car for a bit before I pulled away. There
were no tears but yet I reflected for just a minute as I quickly ran throuh the past 16 years in my mind. There are things I will miss yet there are probably more things that I wont miss. The relationships, the familiarity, knowing my job inside and out, those I will miss. It's been a long time since I started a new job. Been a long time since I was the 'newbie' in the workplace. Been a long time since I was the one being trained versus being the trainer. But I am looking forward to my new career. Looking forward to learning and growing with a new team of people. Looking forward to all the expanded opportunities that come with my new position.

So this weekend I am regrouping and preparing to start this next leg of life's journey. That is....after we finish this softball tournament and unthaw ourselves.....spending the day in North Liberty at the last tournament of the year. I'm waiting in the warm car til gametime: )

No comments: