Sunday, February 19, 2006

Out of Commission

I think many a mother will be able to relate to what I am about to say. When "the mom" is out of commission and dad and the kids are on their own, things tend to get a little disorganized. Having been sick since Wednesday, (by the way MOMS are not supposed to get sick) and dad at the reigns, things have gotten a little out of my reach this week. For some reason, Greg just doesn't have the same eye for things that I must have. He doesn't notice that there is sticky grime all over the counter where the kids ate their breakfast. And, it is OK to have the dishes piled in the sink and footprints across the floor where someone wore wet shoes in the house. The toys do not ever need picked up because "they will just get them out again". It is OK to wear dirty clothes and not take a bath before bed. And I know, it's true, they will all live through it, but it really stresses me out to have this stuff happening before my eyes and not have the energy to get up and fix it!

Finally, today I dragged myself out of bed and got everyone fed and ready for church and even made it there just 10 minutes late. The incentive to do this was the fact that the wonderful person that cleans my house was going to clean while we were at church today. Great reason to get up and out the door. I was looking forward to coming home to a spotless house and having the day to relax, stress free. However, she called on my way to church and she too is sick and couldn't make it out, ugh...(Feel better soon, Kelsey!!)

Gramma and Grampa so graciously offered to take the kids home after church so I could come home to rest and maybe catch-up a little. Just the thought of everything that needs done was enough to exhaust me and I am headed back to the couch for now. Besides, Creighton will be home soon and he might get upset to find me on HIS computer!


(Being Daytona weekend, I have to add this, GO #48!!!!!) Posted by Picasa

No comments: