Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sick Day - Snow Day

I couldn't even tell you the last time that I missed work because I was sick, but today proved to be one of those days. After not feeling well for a couple of days it hit me hard late last night and this morning. Of course Greg was working a 16 hour day and the kids had to stay home with me. I wasn't about to venture out to take them to town to their daycare. It is a little difficult to get any rest with them home. All day I heard, "mom, come here - mom, I need a drink, mom - can we have a snack, mom this and mom that". So I attempted to find entertaining things for them to do and rest when I could. Thankfully, Creighton took a 2 hour nap and Colby watched a movie. Finally, tonight I am feeling just a bit better and should be able to work tomorrow.

I know, the picture has nothing to do with our day today. I just liked it. Creighton has more fun getting in his toybox than playing with the toys in it. (And, no it is not airtight, and no the lid is not attached - I don't need any of the grandmas telling me he might suffocate in there! He will be just fine.) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jody said...

sorry, heather! I hope the illness does not make it's rounds through the house. Hope you are better SOON.

Heather said...

I am hanging in there. I think this has already made it's way through the house, but the kids got the light version. I got the full blown version. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I MAKE them get flu shots and I don't. Maybe I should take my own advice. There's always next year...