Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sweet Innocence.....

Doesn't she look sweet? innocent? angelic? I think so too. However, I am reminded daily that she is not always so sweet, innocent or angelic, but rather somewhat of a pistol. I struggle with the fact that she is not a "model" student. Oh, she is smart as can be. Maybe TOO smart for her own good. Some may find this hard to believe, but as a student my biggest fault was the fact that I was too shy and too quiet, unable to express myself. Therefore, I absolutely have no concept of how to deal with a child that cannot sit still in the classroom and talks all of the time. Last week her desk was up front against the blackboard in an effort to seclude her from the other students to keep her from talking so much. I asked her if it made her sad that she had to sit up there alone and she said, "no, because now the other students can't bother me so much". She also has a tendancy to get up out of her seat and wander about the classroom visiting classmates at her own free will. So, one day after school I asked the usual, "Colby, how was your day today?" Her usual response, "good". I asked, "did you get up out of your seat today?" She replied, "No, I just scooted around the room in my chair". I could not help it - I busted out laughing. I immediately envisioned her scooting her chair around the classroom visiting her friends. I had threatened her that morning with some serious consequences if she didn't stay in her seat. She'll make a good attorney some day - she can find a loophole in anything!

I am remembering tonight that God sees all of his children as sweet, innocent and angelic, but He too is reminded daily of how sinful we are. He still loves us with an undying love beyond all understanding. Just like I love my children, but more..... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind her we love her just the same! Her aunt Vicky had this problem and when she had to sit in the hall she was to color Geo Washington and she proceeded to color him purple?!? She is now getting stright A's in a tough field! Love djc

Cassie said...

she is beautiful! i love this photo!