Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Woman's Nightmare....

OK - it is February and I have been a BAD girl this winter. The winter weight gain has hit me fairly hard this year! Now, in preparation for a vacation in sunny Key Largo, I have been browsing some websites looking at swimsuits. It was all fine and dandy UNTIL I actually went to the store to try some on!!! OH MY!!! It was absolutely disgusting. Standing in front of the mirror looking like a great white whale in a very unflattering swim suit I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. So I took it off, hung it back on the rack and vowed that I will stay on my diet from now until eternity! I thought the answer might be one of the highly publicized Miracle Suits (you know, they make you look 10lbs. lighter instantly - Ha!). Well, guess what...They do make your torso area look great. However, that fat has to go somewhere so it just squishes out the sides and bottom of the suit. So, in reality, my torso was 10 lbs. lighter and my thighs were 10 lbs. heavier. It wasn't the answer. I decided it was time to take on this fat head-on! I bought two exercise videos. Now the question is - Do I actually have to do this stuff they are doing on the video or can I just sit on the couch eating bon-bons and hope that it works?........

3 comments:

jody said...

i'm feeling your pain.

Cassie said...

Love the description...I could literally see myself looking in the mirror and fat popping out of all edges of the suit. I broke down and moved our treadmill to our bedroom as a constant reminder every night!

Heather said...

I went in for more punishment today! Tried on some spring/summer clothes. Same results....