Thursday, May 18, 2006

Addition to last night's story....

OK - Last night I wanted to get some stuff done and attempted to minimize computer time. In my haste I forgot to tell the most important part of the ball game story. Greg had taken Colby to her game. I got there while she was still warming up and she ran to the fence to tell me that she had invited her teacher to her game. I was really hoping that she didn't actually expect her teacher to come to her game. Shortly after the game started I looked up and saw her teacher coming. She sat through about 45 minutes of the game and visited with me and my parents. She got to see Colby's great hit and seemed to enjoy the game. I give Mrs. C. a gold star for that. That woman had taught school all day, been in a meeting from 3:30-5:30pm, had a husband waiting at home for her and she still fought the crazy traffic at Kent Stein to come see Colby play softball. She is so dedicated. I would venture to say that not many other kids playing ball last night had their teacher show up to watch them. We LOVE Mrs. C!!!! (On a side-note Colby will have her for second grade too--WHOO HOO!!)

No comments: