Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One to Zero - And Colby Scores!




Tonight was Colby's first softball game. She was 2 for 2 hitting and scored the only run of the game. I don't think they actually keep score in this league, but my competitive self couldn't help it!:) She was so happy to get a hit both times at bat and to be the only one from both teams to actually advance all the way to home (they can only take one base at a time). Notice in the picture she had to stomp home plate with both feet to be sure she got it. I was a little nervous before the game as they each only get five pitches. I didn't even want to see the disappointment on her face if she had to head back to the bench without a hit. I know there are many times coming that she will strike out or get put out, but I'm so glad she got a little boost of confidence tonight. She's my little superstar! And of course, Creighton being the monkey he is, was climbing the fence to watch his sister bat. What a pair!

4 comments:

jody said...

it was a perfect night to be at the ballpark.
Way to go, Colby...I'm sure she was the most talented, most beautiful player in the park.:-)
Cute pic of Creighton--I love that!

Eric and Pam said...

Hey...wait a minute Jody...MY girls were there too...

She has a sweet swing there Heather. Is she on the Orange Owls? I think there will be a tough game against the yellow chics in June. :)

Cassie said...

oh my...
nothing like a couple of competetive mommies!

Heather said...

yeah--that could get dangerous!