Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Check Up and Basketball

It's been somewhat of a whirlwind of activity this week. Just a lot of running around being on the go days. Work has been VERY busy for me this week. Seems like I am going from one thing to the next without ever taking a breath.

Tuesday afternoon Creighton had his 5 year physical. He is all set for kindergarten in the fall. He was pretty proud of himself for his perfect aim when he had to pee in the cup and for not crying when he got his finger pricked and chicken pox booster shot. A couple of stickers and we were on our way. I was feeling a little guilty because I promised him no shots. He got his kindergarten shots at his 4 year appointment just to get them over with, but since then they came out with a chicken pox booster shot. So he got that one. Of course he got a Happy Meal and a chocolate shake out of the deal. I opted out of the Hep. A shot for him. Not necessary as far as I am concerned. He is 95th percentile on height and weight. 3'10" and 51 pounds. They said he is the same size as an average sized 7 year old. Looks like he's got some of Grampa Kaalberg's genes after all :) How happy we are for that!

Colby had her first basketball practice on Tuesday. She loved it and is looking forward to tomorrow's practice. When I asked her how it went she said "GREAT!". I said did you play well? and she said "I don't know, but I made a lot of new friends". I guess that is what matters most. Later when prompting her for a little detail on how she played, she said she towered over everyone and just kept shooting. I know the feeling....I was that towering girl in my day too. Although I silently prayed that somehow I would magically become shorter because I despised being the tall girl. Thankfully, she thinks it's great.

So the first half of the week is over and plenty on our plates to keep us busy the rest of the week. This weekend hopefully we can get a couple little things finished up and get this house officially on the market. We had planned on waiting until Feb. 1st, but it sounds like there have been quite a few lookers out there in the last couple of weeks. I don't want to miss the boat.

That's all I got for now. The kids are asleep and I am headed to sit down in front of the TV with a hot cup of tea. Ahhh....

No comments: