Sunday, January 06, 2008

A little success goes a long way for a 'feel good day!'

Colby and I, well at least I, just finished purging her room. She lasted most of the way through and then decided that her and Creighton should go out and go muddin' on the four-wheeler. So off they went while I finished filling the five LARGE bags of clothes and one LARGE bag of trash from Colby's room. Four bags of the clothes will be passed on to friends, one bag to Goodwill. We cleaned out every drawer, under the bed, under the dressers and the whole closet top to bottom. The sad thing is that after purging FIVE LARGE bags of clothes, we still struggled to find a place for all that was left. And after the laundry is done, all drawers will be FULL again. But, I will give her this. She parted with some things that she had been hanging onto for quite awhile. It helps that she has shot up this year and she figured out that some of the stuff just doesn't fit anymore no matter how much she loves it.

After that I headed to the bathroom to sort and organize the drawers. Successful there too. Everything is neat and organized, not over-stuffed and lots of stuff to the trash. Amazing how many half-empty or nearly empty bottles of lotions, etc. were found in the cabinets. So, that is good for now too.

Then I hit the video/dvd cabinet. It has been a mess for a long time. The kids rummage through it so often that it is impossible to keep up with. So today I sorted out all of the videos and dvd's that don't get watched or were from the baby stages and I organized what was left. Two large bags of videos and dvd's to head to the Goodwill. Yeah!

So, my car is packed full of stuff to get rid of, a few storage areas of the house are neatly organized and I would call today a success. Makes for a good day around here.

Now, I am off to tackle the shoes. This could be a long afternoon :)

No comments: