Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Still hangin' in there....

Colby is still down, but gets a couple of bursts of energy each day (energy meaning able to sit and play a game on the computer or some small craft for a few minutes). I have been getting up every hour through the night to check her temp and her breathing, give meds and push fluids. So for 13 nights now - 9 with Creighton and so far 4 with Colby - I have been up every hour, sometimes not even getting back to sleep before the alarm rings to get up for the next hour. It's been awhile since I've had to do that. So, I am back to the sleepless nights and working all day just like I did when they were infants. Funny, I don't seem to miss that at all :)

I think we are all anxious to have everyone back to health in our house. Although when you ask them how they are feeling both of the kids will say 'fine' every time. Even last Sunday when Colby was starting to get sick she argued with me that she wanted to go to church. (Apparently she is close to getting a 'prize' for saying verses.)

So, I guess I don't realize how sick they are until we go to the doctor and get a diagnosis like pneumonia or influenza. Today is my last day of work for this week. I will be staying home the rest of the week to take care of sick girly and hopefully catch up on a little rest myself. Still praying that I can stay well through it all.

I received this video in an email today and it was a good reminder that what my family is going through is temporary. Soon we will be well and things will get back to normal. A great reminder of how good I have it and how simple things are for me. This mom is amazing.....

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear that the kids are sick. If it makes it any better the kids that I know that have had the flu here all had the shots, and seem to have it bad anyway. It seems there is no good way to prevent it. Hang in there I'll pray for Colby's quick recovery.