Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More on Water

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. (Denis Waitley)

If you lurk around in blogland at all, you have heard about Water. You have heard me talk about Water. You have seen the 300 voices banner. You know what it is about.

Maybe you have joined, maybe not. Maybe you think your voice won't make a difference, but it does. Maybe you think your contribution won't change anything, but it will.

“Never underestimate the ability of a small group of committed individuals to change the world; indeed they’re the only ones who ever have.” (Margaret Mead)

I don't have the eloquent words that others have. I don't feel that my voice reaches far or wide. But, what I do feel is a responsibility. A responsibility to be a part of the solution. A part of the cure. I can't stand by and watch and not do. I have been given much, I need to give much. And what seems so insignificant and minute to us, can be lifechanging for those in need. In reality, $20 means very little to most of us. A few coffees, a meal out, a little bit of gas. But $20 to one person could mean access to lifesaving water for years and years.

Not only that, but Water has changed me from the inside out. Don't be afraid...let it change you too. It will...promise. And it's good.....

No comments: